The U-District is a public private partnership between The Midby Companies and the Nevada System of Higher Education for the purchase and conversion of an outdated 14 acre garden style apartment community to new on campus apartment style student housing for UNLV.
The new development is expected to take place in three phases spanning almost a decade of continuous development. At each phase of construction, the remaining existing apartment complex will be renovated and marketed to UNLV student and staff.
The first phase of new construction known as The Degree was completed in May 2019. The remaining 2 phases known as Legacy LV began renovations in 2016 and were fully converted to student only occupancy in 2018. Pre-Development for demolition and new construction of Phase 2 is currently underway.
The Degree-New Construction (Phase 1)
- 5 stories of type IIIA wood frame, wrap style, construction
- Includes interior and exterior amenity areas, leasing offices, and structured parking
- Site area: 6 Acres
- Building Area: 560,000 SF, including residential, amenity, and parking structure
- Number of dwelling Units: 226 (758 beds)
- Mix of 2 bedroom/2 bath units and 4 bedroom/4 bath units
- Resort style pool with expansive outdoor entertainment areas including cabanas, firepit, BBQ’s, bar, volleyball court, and outdoor televisions
- Student Focused Amenities: Cyber Cafe Lounge, Theater, Group and Individual Study Areas, Fitness Center, The Cave Lounge & Game Room
- Secure Access Controlled Building, Parking, and Units
- 5 Level Parking Garage with Bicycle Storage
- LEED Silver Certified
Legacy LV-Existing Unit Renovation (Phase 2 and 3)
- 40, 2 Story Garden Style Apartment Buildings.
- Site Area: 8 acres
- 164 Units (360 beds)
- 2 & 3 Bedroom Floor Plans
- Furnished Options Available
- Renovated Interiors with Fresh Paint, Carpet, and Vinyl Flooring
- Controlled Access Gate and Updated Fixtures , Appliances in Phase 3
- On Site Laundry and Courtesy Patrol